How is costing calculated for APIs?
We will try not to go into many technical details but API cost includes data transferred via APIs and supported hosting servers time. As you scale up, Servers' size increases, Data transfer size increases. Every online store comes with the following modules but is not limited to these only:
1. Admin module (Backend): This module comprises multiple servers for hosting and then database servers which are managed by commerceup and it is not calculated in your API usage count.
2. Storefront (Web, Mobile Web, and Mobile Apps): This module is where your websites are hosted and this also needs to scale up.
3. Databases: This is where we save all the details of your store. Each time you upload new products, the Database synchronizes.
4. Scheduled Services Server: To run scheduled services like importer, emailers, reporting, push notifications, usage reports, and much more. There are multiple servers running, so this count is not linked with the API usage count.
5. Image optimizer: Every image which you see on a website gets optimized according to the device screen for which separate services run.
6. Cloudfront delivery: This is a very important aspect and comes with a cost for every data transfer, but is very much needed for fast content delivery.