Analytics (GA, GTAG & Pixel)
You can integrate following kind of analytics on your commerceup store:
- Google Analytics ( Global site tag)
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel setup
As in modern setup most ecommerce platform prefer to use only google tag manager and use google tag manager triggers to call Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, Adwords analytics or any other analytics setup. Google tag manager works as mediator for connecting your online store with multiple analytics tools.
We recommend you to use Google tag manager only and call triggers for further setup like Google Analytics and FB Pixel. As its lightweight and easy implementation.
If you are still going with standard event tracking, Commerceup store still support Google analytics and facebook pixel scripts separately.
All analytics scripts are pre integrated and all standard ecommerce events are already configured for ex : viewContent, addtocart, initiatecheckout, purchase event for ecommerce advanced tracking.
Google Tag Manager Setup
Google Analytics Global Tag Setup
Facebook Pixel Setup
Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
Install the container
You will see a script as following for Gtag setup :
<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s),
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
Please copy Google Tag manager ID as GTM-XXXXXXX and paste it in commerceup backend StoreSetup -> Analytics section
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- 1.Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
- 2.Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- 3.After selecting website tracking you will receive a script to integrate as following :
<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-173898733-1"></script>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag('js', new Date());
Please copy Google Analytics ID as UA-XXXXXXXX-Y and paste it in commerceup backend StoreSetup -> Analytics section
Now you can start with basic tracking of your online store with pageviews, session, demographics and other standard events.
- You need a website for your business.
- You must be able to update your website's code.
- 1.Go to your Pixels tab in Events Manager.
- 2.Click Create a pixel.
- 3.To finish creating your pixel, click Create in the box that appears.
Add the Facebook pixel to your website-
Copy Facebook pixel id and paste it in storefront->analytics Facebook pixel id section. Please disable automatic event setup as we manually setup and trigger all facebook events.
If you still face any issues while setting up analytics on your store, Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]