Comment on page
Order management involves the tracking of orders from inception to fulfillment and managing the people, processes, and data connected to the order as it moves through its life cycle.
The smoother and faster the flow, the more orders the company can process, and the quicker the business can grow.
The basic steps include
- Inventory availability. The customer or sales team verifies inventory is available as they review various products or services.
- Order. Customer places the order across a range of possible channels — web, mobile, calls, store, marketplaces, and others.
- Verification. A sales team member or an automated system verifies with the customer that the order is placed and collects or records the pertinent data for the order — name, address, telephone contact, email, promotional codes, and other data.
- Inventory promising. System or team member matches the product or service to fulfill the order.
- Fulfillment. The product or service is dispatched through a distribution channel such as ship-from-warehouse or distribution center, ship-from-store, pickup-in-store, online download or a salesperson simply hands over the item. Fulfillment is verified as well — customer sign-off for the completion of a service.
- Service: Making an appointment, scheduling installation or delivery services, or even exchanging or returning a product. This may be the first step in a new business process but can also be associated with order management.
After a customer places an order, it appears in the ORDERS section of the platform. In this section, you will be able to access the given features-
-Create New Order Manually -Export Order CSV -Change Order status from Open to - Ready to ship/Partially Closed/Partially Shipped/closed/canceled/returned/failed/abandoned. -Fulfilled Orders -Generate or Print - Invoice/Packing Slip -Delete Shipment
Order Processing -
Order processing is a key element of Order fulfillment. It is the process or workflow associated with the picking, packing, and delivery of the packed items to a shipping carrier.
To know more about how all that works, read the following 1. How to create an order How to Create a Manual Order 2. How to change the status of the order, How to Change the Status of an Order 3. how to Generate invoice: How to Change the Status of an Order 4. How to Export Order CSV: Export Order CSV 5. How to split Order invoices based on delivery methods: Splitting Order Invoices Based On Delivery Method